Description You will get Road #271
The Dash 2 locomotive series, unveiled by EMD in 1972, featured significant changes, such as a solid-state, modular electrical control system and improved engine components designed to increase traction and reduce exhaust emissions. A reliable work-horse, the GP38-2 remains one of the most successful locomotives ever built. Most are still in service today.
- NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC
- The same drive as our basic Master Series™, in an affordable locomotive
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels
- Separately applied hand rails and end railings
- Matching cabooses available separately
- Locating dimples for grab irons
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Realistic die-cast underframes
- Equipped with AccuMate® Couplers
- As with our Master Series™ GP-38, this model features either a 2,600 or 3,600 gallon fuel tank, depending on the prototype.
NYA - New York & Atlantic Railway
New York & Atlantic Railway began operation in May 1997 as result of the privatized concession to operate freight trains on the lines owned by Long Island Rail Road. The railway serve customer base and shares track with the densest passenger system in the United States. NYA connects with CP, CSX, NYNJ, NS and PW.
4 EMD GP38-2 Road # 261,268,270,271
4 EMD MP15ACs Road # 151,155,156,159
2 Progress Rail PR20B's #300,301
1 EMD SW1991 #101