The PRRs class P5 comprised 92 mixed-traffic electric locomotives constructed 1931-1935 by the PRR, Westinghouse, and General Electric. Although the original intention was that they work passenger trains, the success of the GG1 meant that the P5 class was mostly used on freight. A single survivor, prototype #4700, is at the Museum of Transportation in St Louis, Missouri. The first P5s were built with box cabs. A grade crossing accident in which the crew was killed led to the substitution of a streamlined steeple type cab in later production, a design that was also applied to the GG1. Orders were placed for 90 production locomotives classified P5a due to minor changes from the prototypes. Production was split between General Electric and Westinghouse. The GE examples were assembled at GE's Erie, Pennsylvania facility, still a locomotive assembly plant today--while final assembly for the Westinghouse order was subcontracted to the Baldwin Locomotive Works.