These colorful WalthersMainline PC&F 50' Insulated boxcars are right at home on layouts from the 1960s to 2000s.Based on class RBL prototypes with insulation & load restraints, the prototypes were shipper favorites for food,beverages, packaged chemicals and finished wood products.
Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
Seen coast-to-coast from 1960 to 2000s Affordably priced and nicely detailed with:
As-built version with high ladders & see-through running boards
Correct Plate B dimensions:
50' 8-1/4" Long over endsills
9' Youngstown plug doors
- Detailed brake gear
- Hydra-Cushion cylinder detail & extended draft gear
- Late improved Dreadnaught ends
- Diagonal panel roof
- Riveted sides
- 70-ton roller bearing trucks
- Two different car numbers for each roadname
- Correct 33" turned-metal wheel sets
- Proto MAX metal knuckle couplers
Note: PC&F Stands for Pacific Car & Foundry
In 1905, William Pigott, Sr. founded Seattle Car Mfg. Co. to produce railway and logging equipment at its plant in West Seattle. The Company later merged with Twohy Brothers of Portland to become Pacific Car and Foundry Company, a name it retained for the next 55 years. In 1924, William Pigott sold control of the Company to American Car and Foundry Company. This is from the company website.