Flashing by at 100+mph, Metroliners symbolized American high-speed rail service for years, serving business travelers on Penn Central and later Amtrak as thefastest scheduled trains in the western hemisphere! Now these history-making trains are back in authentic HO Scale as only Walthers can, with the all-newWalthersProto Metroliner. Just as the prototypes broke new ground in style and technology, so do our Metroliners! Completely new from roof to rails, we'vecaptured the unique shape of the Coach, Snack Bar Coach and Parlor Car in all-new tooling. Each comes fully assembled with Walthers real metal stainless steelfinish complemented by ultra-sharp Amfleet Phase I paint and lettering including factory-printed car numbers. Fine details, from a full underbody to installed grab irons,from prototypically tinted windows to sprung General Electric or Westinghouse pantographs as appropriate, are all included. Powered by the proven technologyof WalthersProto locos, each car has its own high torque motor, driving a powered truck with helical gears, and comes in dual mode Tsunami Sound & DCC(sound operates on DC) or Standard DC versions for every layout.
- New Decal Unit Numbers
- Based on Equipment in Service 1968-1982
- 3 Prototype Car Styles
- One Helical Geared Power Truck & Skew-Wound High Torque Motor in Each Unit
- Working Headlight, Gyralight, Reversing A-End Red Marker Lights, Number Boards & Interior Lighting
- Detailed, Spring-Loaded GE or Westinghouse Pantographs per Prototype
- Real Metal Finish Simulates Stainless Steel
- Correct A & B End Details
- Factory-Installed Steel Grab
- Prototypically Accurate Window Tinting
- Available with Factory-Installed Soundtraxx(R) Tsunami(R) Sound for Operation on DCC or DC Layouts
- Proto MAX Metal Knuckle Couplers
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes,a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.