These cars are based on the colorful auxiliary tenders that operated behind Union Pacific's steam locomotives in excursion service. The "living legend" FEF-3 is always accompanied by at least one pair of these water tenders, which carry spare water for the steam engine since water filling stations became a rarity in the diesel era. They also saw service as gas turbine electric fuel tenders before settling into their current forms as part of Union Pacific's steam heritage fleet where they operate as separate (but always present) cars. This 2-car set includes water tenders UPP #809 "Jim Adams" with American flag and UPP #814 "Joe Jordan" lettered for Union Pacific. Just like the prototype models, the two tenders are not identical, having (in addition to one car having an externally mounted American Flag plate) different weld mark details which are replicated on the models of the two cars, preserving their unique spirit when translated into model form.
- UPP #809 "Jim Adams" Water Tender Mounted with External American Flag
- UPP #814 "Joe Jordan" Water Tender
- Upgradable with Optional Light Board to Illuminate Marker Lights in Either Direction (sold separately) Click Here to buy the light kits
- Injection-molded Bodies
- Equipped with Metal Wheels and Kato's Knuckle Couplers
- 11" (282mm) Minimum Turning Radius on Ground Level Track
- 15" (381mm) Minimum Turning Radius on Viaduct Track