Shipping & Returns
1.) How do you calculate the cost of shipping and Handling?
Shipping is automatically calculated for all shipments. We use published rates from UPS, USPS to determine the shipping cost.
2.) Import Duty, GST / VAT Charges
Our prices do NOT include Import Duty and / or GST / VAT for shipments outside the of the USA. You may need to pay these charges at the time of delivery to your "Ship To" address. You can contact your local Customs Office to determine what these rates may be. Please note that we will not report a lower package value. Thank you.
3.) What are your UPS shipping policies?
- UPS shipping method choices for the contiguous US are: UPS Ground, 3 Day Select, 2 Day Air and Next Day Air.
- UPS International shipping choices are: UPS Worldwide Saver (1-3 Day Delivery) and UPS Worldwide Expedited (2-5 Day Delivery).
- If you require a signature at the time of delivery, please include a note in the "Order Notes" section when placing your order stating, "Signature Required". There are times, which are at the UPS Driver's discretion, when you may be required to sign for your package.
- Orders are shipped out on a daily basis, Monday-Friday.
- Expedited orders placed after 1pm Eastern will ship the next day.
4.) What are your USPS shipping policies?
- USPS shipping method choices for the US are: USPS Priority and USPS Express Mail
- USPS International shipping choices are USPS Priority Mail International and USPS Express Mail International
- If your country is not in our list of counties we ship to, please contact us to request having your country added to our list.
- Orders are shipped out on a daily basis, Monday-Saturday.
5.) When can I pick up my order at your store after selecting In-Store Pickup?
Please give us at least 24 hours after you place your order before you pick it up at our retail store or you can arrange FREE Local Delivery with a minimum purchase.
6.) Can you combine, add items to or hold my order(s)?
We are not able to combine, modify or hold orders. Prior to finalizing your order, review your shopping cart to assure you have ordered the correct scale, quantity, etc. If you notice a mistake on your order please call our customer service department at email OrderHelp@RJstrains to cancel your order so you can replace it with a correct one.
7.) Do your orders require a signature for delivery?
We require a signature for delivery for all orders over $750.
8.) Can you ship aerosols or other flammable product overseas?
We are not permitted to ship any aerosols or flammable products overseas due to USPS and UPS shipping regulations. If you order these products to be shipped overseas, our Customer Service Department will contact you to credit you for the items.
Return & Exchange Policy
- You have 30 days, from date of purchase, to return or exchange an item(s).
Order cancellation requests must be submitted, via e-mail, within 24 hours of the order being placed and prior to the item being shipped. Once an item has shipped the order will need to be treated as a return.
All book, magazine, DVD and Blu-ray sales are final.
Defective VHS, DVD & Blu-ray products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement.
- Return Shipping will be paid by the customer and will be responsible for insuring the item as if an item arrives back back damaged a refund will not be possible. Once the item has been inspected and the condition is confirmed a refund minus return shipping costs, will be issued.
- Electronics cannot be returned, once opened. But contact us anyway and see what the issue is. If the item is defective then it can be submitted to the manufacture for warranty repair. Se are an authorized Soundtraxx Dealer.
Defective Product Per Vendor
Defective American Z Line products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement.
Defective ScaleTrains products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement.
Defective Digital Command Control (DCC) products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement unless the product is unopened. For Example SoundTraxx, Digitrax, Lok Sound, etc.,.
All ERC (Electric Railroad Company) Upgrade Kits and circuit boards and MTH Electronic Proto-Sound 2 Upgrade kits and Electrification Kits are not returnable once opened. Only manufacturer's warranties apply.
Any item(s) purchased more than 30 days past the original date of purchase must be returned to the manufacturer.
All returns and exchanges must receive the approval of a Customer Service Representative before they will be accepted. The representative will issue a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number to you that is connected to your RJsTrains.com order number. To obtain an RGA number, email us at Help@Rjstrains.com
RJs Trains will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. Alternatively, you may request a store credit which will automatically be applied to your next online order. RJ'sTrains reserves the right to deny any customer store credit at our sole discretion, as well as, issuing a store credit versus a credit card refund.
All products returned must have documentation attached explaining the reason for return / exchange. The returned item(s) must also include the original box and packing materials and have the RGA number written on the outside of the shipping box. All items being returned for exchange and / or refund MUST be returned in the same new condition which they were shipped to the customer including the manufacturers packaging and all included instructions, manuals, etc. Any item(s) that have been modified in any way, such as, but not limited to, changes in appearance, (weathering, decals, painting), additional, removed or replaced parts, will not be accepted and neither credits nor exchanges will be given. All items returned for credit or exchange will be verified by a Customer Service Representative before a credit, store credit or exchange is processed. Do not ship returns / exchanges in the manufacturer's box alone. Please ship all returns / exchanges in a shipping box / carton. Replacements, exchanges and/or credits will be shipped / processed once we receive the returned item(s). Any items returned that have not received an approved RGA number will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
If any of the above procedures are not followed, the returned item(s) may be assessed a 15% restocking / service fee.
For any item(s) damaged during shipping, please contact our customer service department. They will provide further instructions. Please retain the damaged shipping box and all contents for the Claims Agent unless otherwise instructed by Customer Service.
Claims for damages will be handled by the Shipping Department Manager. Upon submission, processing and receiving the reimbursement for the claim, we will reimburse you for the damaged product(s).
International customers should use the most economical mail service available in their country. RJ's Trains/RJsTrrains.com will not reimburse return shipping costs for customers who return items using express or next-day shipping options.