Broadway Limited Imports, 6370, HO Scale, GG1, Pennsylvania Railroad, #4872, (2021 Production)
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
PARAGON3 SOUND/DC/DCC EQUIPPED
Red & White Logo
The GG1 was designed in 1934 because the Pennsyvania Railroad was unsatisfied with the performance of the P5a. GE delivered the GG1 prototype to the PRR in August 1934, and PRR ordered 57 more locomotives in November of the same year. They eventually built an additional 81 units between 1937 and 1943. The GG1 represents a breakthrough in electric locomotive technology. It was patterned mechanically after the New Haven Railroad EP3. The GG1 could track better at high speeds compared to the P5a, and the wheelbase design allowed it to negotiate sharp curves and some railroad switches that the R1, another PRR Electric option, wasn't able to negotiate due to its rigid wheelbase.
Broadway Limited Imports brings the memory of this world famous locomotive to life in die cast construction with Paragon3 electronics including Rolling Thunder™. In this production run, we offer six distinct PRR paint schemes, one Penn Central, and one Amtrak. Each road number and paint scheme are prototypically accurate. In our 2019 production, we built models with the flat pilot and fixed coupler. In this 2021 production run, our models have the later drop coupler and pilot shape that accommodates the coupler in the down position. Our models also have three distinct intake vent options, and each model has the correct intake vents for the selected paint scheme.
Paragon3 Sound & Control System Features:
- ROLLING THUNDER™
- Unmatched frequency response as low as 20 HZ when paired with Rolling Thunder™ subwoofer kit
- 8 simultaneously playable audio channels
- Improved motor control in DC & DCC
- Motor short circuit protection
- Works with NMRA standard DCC controllers
- Automatic dual mode: works with DC power packs or DCC systems
- Two selectable bells
- Three playable horns with variable endings
- One long non-looped horn
- One alternate horn for locomotives with a second horn
- 4x expanded autopilot storage vs Paragon2
- Expanded startup and shutdown sequences
- 64 MB sound memory
- 2 watt audio output
- 24 individual sounds with separate volume control
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Multiple Realistic Passenger and Crew Sounds play on command
- Simple Programming with Integral DCC Decoder
- Fully Compatible with JMRI Decoder Pro
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal - When activated, stopping triggers and stop whistle toot. When moving forward from a stopped position, toots twice. When moving in reverse, toots three times.
- EZ Reset button for quick return to factory default settings
**Specifications on this page subject to change.